19 August 2013

Camera Battery Case

Isn't it just so frustrating when you're all set to take a picture and the batteries in the camera are dead and you don't have any spares along?  Well, I have this little Nikon Coolpix digital camera that I keep in a small, padded camera case that I got at Wal-Mart.  I didn't like the idea of just putting spare batteries in the case where they could bump up against the camera.  So I took the idea of the cell phone cover (18 August 2013 post) and made a smaller version with some adaptations.  It holds 2 AA batteries.

I had a little bit of Peaches & Creme cotton yarn in Psychedelic left over from the chair socks and used that with a G hook.  The whole thing is simply done in rounds of 16 single crochet stitches until the right length is obtained.

Instead of the loop and button closure, I crocheted a length on the back (working back and forth), decreasing by 1 single crochet on both ends, ending with a few rows of 2 single crochet and finally did 2 single crochet together.  Then I made a chain 4 and attaching it to the front of the little case two rows down.  (Gee, I guess the pattern is contained in these two paragraphs!)

And...tada!  Here's what I got:




It fits in the case perfectly and there's plenty of room for my camera.  Now I won't have to worry about not having extra batteries along.


No comments:

Post a Comment